Monday, October 4, 2010

Redo

Today was our first full day of homeschool. We couldn't do all the courses. Several were new, so we don't have the books/supplies for them yet. Maysen got off easy today as I spent all my time with Stockton. For some reason, not all of his completed work transferred over. The only difference I can tell on his math & history is they are named differently. I have been having Stockton take the end of unit assessments in math, if he scores over 80% he can skip the unit. He was taking an assessment on multiplying and dividing fractions. There were 30 questions. After he answered question 30, there was no submit button. We couldn't figure out what to do. We knew it was just a glitch, but didn't know how to handle it. I ended up closing the lesson hoping to log back in and be able to continue where he left off. That didn't work. He had to start over. He had already taken this assessment in Georgia, so now he had to take it for a third time. He wasn't very happy about that. I helped him this time. Basically I helped him find his answers on his scratch piece of paper. He scored 100%, but never wants to take that test again.

Later in the day we moved on to history. Stockton was studying the Civil War in Georgia. Here that unit is at the end of the year. Luckily I saved all of his work, so I went through the end of the year units and marked them as complete. He had to take a couple of small assessments along the way. Then we studied for his unit assessment. It had been awhile since we started the unit, so we went through all of his papers. He found it pretty boring, but I find it fascinating.

It's nice to get back to work. We still have several kinks to work out, but hopefully we can get everything running smoothly soon.

No comments: