Sunday, October 17, 2010

Parry Family Dinner

So.....the other day we put an offer on a house. Yesterday they countered and we accepted. I guess with all the excitement at Cornbellys, I forgot a little detail like this. Anyway, if all goes well, the closing date is November 15th. We have a little over a week for due diligence. Basically we can pull out of the contract if we don't like something, like the schools, wards, the inspection....whatever. Our family went to sacrament meeting at our ward here, then we took the kids home and Mike and I went to sacrament meeting at what might become our new ward. We thought we would just sneak in the back and check things out (see if there were kids). We had been sitting down for about one minute when we hear, "Mike?" There was Bryce Johnson. I didn't expect to see him of all people. We talked to him for a bit. We told him we had an offer down on a house on Rollingwood. He said, "Rollingwood? I live on Rollingwood." He lives across the street from the house we have the offer on. He said his 10 year old boy had been praying for another 10 year old boy to move in on the street. There were so many people from high school there. Mike & I haven't kept in contact with very many people, so it was a bit overwhelming....but in a good way.

Later in the day we had a Parry Family dinner, Utah style. We figured if they can do it in Arizona, we can do it here. It was so nice to have family over. Chad & Elisa came, Heather & Zac, Nathan & Bobby, Matt, Bubs, Dad & Cathy and lots and lots of kids. Ange and kids stayed home and had a throwing up party, my guess is that was not as fun. Matt, Zac, Maysen, Mike and I played Ticket to Ride. Zac pretty much dominated. Sorry Matt, but he did. I ended the day talking to Rachel on Skype. Family, family, family. It is so good to be home! Or have technology to enjoy those away.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I think part of Zac's domination was due to the fact that Matt was distracted trying to complete his costume idea!

Missy said...

That's great about the house!
I'm glad you could have a family dinner; they are lots of fun aren't they? I love Ticket to Ride!