Saturday, October 23, 2010

Oh Deer!

The absolutely coolest thing about staying where Mike grew up is the deer. They are always around. It is amazing! One day I ran downstairs and yelled, "Come see the deer!" Stockton replied, "Who cares. There's always deer in Utah." No Stockton, not everywhere....just here.



I can't remember if I ever wrote about when Mike tried to get "pet deer". One day we looked out back and two deer had wandered into the fenced garden. Obviously the door had been left open. Mike said he wanted pet deer, so he snuck up and shut the gate. Man did those deer go crazy! They started running back and forth trying to jump the fence. Mike snuck back up and opened the door then ran away like crazy. I wish I had that on video! Mike and I were watching, hoping that the deer would now see the door was opened, when we see Jorja walking up there from the other side of the house. Mike tears out of there to grab her...that was pretty scary.

No comments: