Sunday, October 10, 2010

Maysen's a Teenager!

Maysen turned 13 today. I wish it didn't come so fast. Jorja said yesterday, "It's Maysen's last day of being a child. Tomorrow she'll be a teenager, then she'll be an adult." Too fast.

Mike took the older three kids to church at the ward here while Preston and I went to see Heather's baby, Lily, be blessed. It was SO GOOD to see Heather! It has been ages and ages since I have actually seen her. I am so excited to live close to family!

Maysen had already received her biggest present. Lion King tickets. She also got a laptop battery that we gave her before the trip across the country. The biggest present she had left to open was a Quad. She really wanted one.

Maysen shares a birthday with her cousin Taylor. He turned 16 today. Maysen has always wanted to celebrate their birthdays together. Mike's family all came up today for cake. It was so nice! I loved it. Reminded me of old times. We also got to meet Melissa's fiance, Derek. I can't believe she's getting married! Melissa went out and picked apples in the dark with Maysen, Erica, Brandon, Jorja and Weston. The kids had a lot of fun with that. Taylor was funny and would just pick up Maysen and take her where ever he wanted to go. He liked to go cousin catching. I wish I had a picture when he came up the stairs with Jorja on his shoulder and Preston under his arm. Preston had a giant grin. Super cute! Have I mentioned I love being around family?
Maysen the Teenager
New Quad
Birthday Cake
Make a wish!
Maysen & Taylor
I don't think John & Cassie ended up giving Maysen her birthday present. We were hoping little Mallory would come today. I didn't hear, so I guess it never happened. Drat! I guess it works out for us. Stockton would have been really jealous if Maysen got to share her birthday with two cousins!

3 comments:

Christen said...

I love how Preston signs his name - that is the cutest, especially the sideways E! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAYSEN!!

Stephanie said...

I know! He was confused because he usually writes PRESTON backwards. I started him in the correct direction this time, so when he got to the E he wasn't sure what to do. I had Maysen hold the card out just for Preston's name. Love it!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Maysen :)