Thursday, October 28, 2010

Little Lost Porge

Jorja had her Halloween party today at school. They sure do Halloween A LOT differently here then they do in Georgia. First they had a costume parade. Not just a little parade, but a 'every parent invited' parade. The costumes were great also. Several brought their dogs. Jorja's teacher was a cook and her dog was dressed up as a lobster. Tons of kids had masks (a big no-no in Georgia). There were even a couple of little kids that were dressed up the same as their school-aged sibling walking in the parade. It was really quite fun.

After the parade, Jorja had her second grade program. I got an awesome seat right in the front row. I could see every single second grader - except one. Does anyone have a guess who that was? Seriously. There was a girl in front of Jorja that had the most gigantic butterfly/fairy wings. I could see the kids on each side of Jorja, but the only time I could see Jorja was when fairy girl bent down. I would have just moved, but I had Preston on my lap. I knew if I moved, I wouldn't be able to have a seat, then I would have to spend the entire program watching Preston. Jorja did a great job though. Scoop & Cori came and watched her. She loved that.
Jorja

After the program, I went home and spent the rest of the day working on homeschool. I had made Stockton a list of things to do, so he was working the entire time I was gone. That was good. When I was working with Maysen on the piano, I heard the phone ring. I ran downstairs to get it, but I just missed. It was Mike. I tried calling back, but just got his voicemail. Finally I gave up. I was working with Maysen on the piano again when I heard the phone ring. Again I raced to the basement. Mike again. I missed the call. This time I was persistent and called him three times until he answered. He said, "Jorja's school called. She has been waiting to be picked up for an hour." WHAT!!!! I had no idea it was short day! Short day is usually on Friday. They don't have school on Friday, so they moved it to today. There was no note, nothing. I guess people just know. That would have been a great thing to be informed about. I had absolutely no idea. Someone even asked me at the parade if it was early release. I said, "No, they would have told us." Even with that short conversation it didn't cross my mind that it was short day. Every day I get to the car pool lane 30 minutes early so I can be the first or second car, and here my little girl was sitting in the office for over an hour. When I got to the school, I found a little frog with big circles under her eyes. I can barely even think about it. My cell phone was in our bedroom (which is at the back of the house), there are seven voice mails on it. I'm sure most of them are from the school & Mike. I can't listen to them, it will make me to upset/sick to my stomach. I'll have to have Mike listen to them.

No comments: