Wednesday, October 6, 2010

First Day of Diving

What a crazy day. We did homeschool at Steve & Shannon's. Rushed back to pick up Jorja in the pooring rain. Picked up Mike and work and he went with me to Stockton's first diving class at the University of Utah. Stockton has been so excited about taking diving lessons. We were going to have him take them at Georgia Tech, but we moved. Today was his first lesson and he loved it. Especially free time. His teacher is named Monica and she is very nice. There are three other kids around Stockton's age, then four high-school girls. Stockton was so happy when we left, he gets to do this twice a week. As soon as we got home, Stockton threw up all over the kitchen floor. That boy gets car sick so easy!

We were home for about five minutes before it was time to take Maysen to Young Women's. She had a calendar that said it was a Broom Hockey activity. I took Maysen, but I didn't recognize anybody . . . neither did Maysen. We wandered around for about fifteen to twenty minutes. Maysen kept laughing at me because I HATE to talk to people. She kept saying, just ask someone. I couldn't even remember the name of our ward, so I was completely embarrassed. I finally asked someone, but they weren't in our ward. I asked if they knew what other wards were in this building . . . they didn't. I found that very odd. In Georgia, not only did we know the other ward names, but we knew/recognized most of the people in the other wards.

We were finally guided to someone in our new ward. They were playing volleyball. Maysen was less than thrilled. She doesn't enjoy volleyball. The other people were nice and tried to make Maysen feel welcomed, but it was nice to get home.

Hopefully tomorrow won't be as hectic. The worst part of the day was when I read a message from Stockton's teacher saying the scantron didn't transfer and he would need to take it again. I am so frustrated. I wish I would have stayed with GCA until we found a house and then put the kids in school. There is no reason to make him take that test again. The test is going to be exactly the same as the one he took in Georgia. It is a test that keeps going and going until you start getting most of your answers wrong. Stockton went way too far. He is such a good guesser, even when he doesn't know what the question is asking. I'm not going to have him do that again. I called Kathy at UTVA, who assured me several times that this transfer would be easy and that he wouldn't have to take the scantron over again.....she hasn't called me back. Well . . . at least diving was fun.

No comments: