Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Girls Night

Stephanie invited a few friends over for a small going away party for me. It was really, really fun. We just sat at her kitchen table and talked. Perfect. My friends are so funny. I am going to miss them so much. It's weird how much of my life I have spent with them. Most of the major events in my life were with these guys. Hopefully they will all come visit in Utah. Amy even joked that she would be able to see me now more because in Utah we will be able to spend an afternoon together. Here, she is running around like crazy. Amy teaches 5th grade at the charter school. I would have loved, loved, loved her to teach Stockton. She is his primary teacher though. She has been his teacher several times. She is amazing and has loved Stockton ever since she taught him in nursery. I love her for that. Amy is also super funny...she always cracks me up.

Teresa I just love. Everything about her. She was my visiting teacher when I moved into this ward. She took great care of me. We have been visiting teaching companions now for a couple of years. Teresa lived two doors away from me for about four years. We would go walking together. It was so nice. She is a very good listener, and someone I admire completely. Teresa has always been so good to me. When Preston was born, she stayed here and got the kids ready for school. When I had my surgeries, she would come and put Preston down for a nap. I am going to miss her more than I can even imagine.

I have been in the Primary Presidency with Irene for the last couple of years. She is the president and I am one of the counselors. Boy am I glad I don't have her job. She is good at it and so filled with compassion towards everyone. Irene hasn't been in our ward very long, but she is irreplaceable. I have truly enjoyed serving with her and I have learned a lot by watching her example.

Katherine is amazing. She is always on the go. Jaxson is her oldest, he is in Preston's primary class. She now has three kids. I can't imagine having three kids Preston's age and younger. Jaxson is so funny, he can recite the Articles of Faith. No way would Preston be able to do that. Katherine also runs marathons and just did a triathlon. I mean, who does that? Besides Lisa. Okay, there's Heather and Jordyn too....maybe everybody but me.

Stephanie, of course, is wonderful. It seems like I have known her forever even though it has been only a few months. I wish she had been here all along. I am so thankful she came when she did. It has been so nice carpooling to church activities and to school. It's amazing how fast you can come to love someone. She is a gem. She is very outgoing and helps me get out of my shell....which I need help with often. I will miss her very, very much.

Two other friends also came over, but left before I remembered my camera. Luci who is so sweet you can't help but love her; and Jennifer who was my first visiting teaching companion when I moved here. That seems so long ago! I have a story about Jennifer that makes me laugh. I knew Jennifer a couple of years as Jennifer Poole. She got married and became Jennifer Wilcox. (Her husband is super funny and very nice. He comes over once a week and gives Maysen quick lessons on Illustrator.) After Jennifer and Daren were married, they were called to teach Stockton's primary class. I was dismissing the classes one by one and I said, "Sister Poole's class is dismissed." Daren gave me the evil eye and I realized I had said something wrong. Immediately I said, "I'm sorry! Brother and Sister Poole's class is dismissed." That earned me a bigger evil eye. It took me awhile to realize my mistake.
Katherine, Madilyn, Irene, Stephanie, Teresa, Amy
Stephanie, Irene, Stephanie, Teresa, Amy
Thank you girls for the fun night. I will miss all of you!

No comments: