Monday, September 13, 2010

Cleaning

What a long, long day. I'm exhausted! We started out today by frantically getting our house ready for pictures. Stephanie came over and helped us clean. We cleaned non-stop until four....I was able to take a short break when I picked Jorja up from school. The house looked great when the picture lady arrived.

Once she left, I worked on school with Stockton. Maysen was able to get her school done while we cleaned, but Stockton's requires much more parent interaction. I worked with Stockton on subtracting fractions today. I was explaining how to subtract mixed numbers when the numerator is smaller in the first number. Stockton would ALWAYS get the answer right super fast. He tried explaining how he was getting his answers, but it was so backwards to me that I couldn't wrap my head around it. It's weird how his brain works....I can't figure it out.

At 5:30 we headed to the Stephanie's house for dinner. Yes, that is right. Stephanie cleaned my house and cooked us dinner. Spoiled, I know. What will we do without her? Tim was funny when he got home from work. He walked in the house and called for Stockton. He asked him what he ate. Stockton had only had lettuce. Tim said, "If you eat two spoonfuls of rice, two spoonfuls of beans, and two spoonfuls of chicken, I'll let you get on the roof." Stockton was really excited. I scooped up the required amount. When Stockton looked at the plate, he promptly declared it "not worth it".

We had a nice night. I talked with Stephanie and her girls. We played charades and took pictures. I forgot my camera, so I used Stephanie's phone. I wasn't very good with it, but at least it's something!
Rylee, Preston, Shelby, Alyssa, Cassidy, Jorja, Maysen, Stockton
Lily is in the front
Rylee, Shelby, Maysen & Cassidy
Jorja & Alyssa
Lily & Preston
While we were enjoying ourselves at Stephanie's house, Mike was filming his pirate commercial. Stephanie dropped us off just as the Doan's were leaving. Mike had a great time with them....now he exhausted. Hope we sleep well, we have a busy day planned for tomorrow.

No comments: