Saturday, September 18, 2010

Big Mistake!

We made a big mistake. A horrible, terrible, awful, devastating mistake. At least where a little Porge is concerned. Last night we stayed at the Super 8 in Tennessee. Tonight, right after dinner, we realized we left Jorja's blanket there. Her frog blanket. The one Grandma Parry made for her. The one she stitched Jorja loves frogs on. The one Jorja loves and sleeps with every night....and carries around a lot of the day. That would be the blanket that we think is in Tennessee. Jorja cried and cried. She is so sad. I called the motel tonight, but he said to call in the morning and ask the maids. I don't think he understood the gravity of the situation. This isn't a 'call in the morning' type of phone call.....this is a serious, I need to know now type of phone call. He didn't have the same opinion as I did. So, I guess I'll call in the morning and pray they have her blanket. Jorja wanted us to turn around and drive back to Tennessee. Sorry, I just couldn't do that.

Anyway, we started out in Tennessee, then back to Georgia, back to Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, and now we are in Missouri. At least I think that's how it went.... Jorja threw up in Kentucky. I had a bag of snacks on the seat next to me, I dumped them out as quick as I could, handed the bag back to her, just in time. I guess a combination of car sickness and junk food for the last week caught up with her.

We also stopped at a Walmart and got oil changes for both the cars. One of the things we didn't quite get to before we left. Mike bought some clothes. His got packed. He fished them out of the truck, then they got packed again. I can't find the bag we had all our toothbrushes in either, so we restocked a little.

We are in Kingdom City, Missouri right now. We wanted to go further, but it was storming so hard. The lightning was pretty awesome, but we decided to call it quits for today. Plus, Mike is feeling really sick right now. We ate at Denny's, hopefully he didn't eat anything bad. Sure hope he's up to driving all day tomorrow.

No comments: