Saturday, August 7, 2010

Watermelon

Jorja loves watermelon. She had at least 10 slices today. I even thought it was good, but 10 slices? Crazy!

Every night before I go to sleep I check on the kids. I make sure they have covers on and I kiss them goodnight. I sneak into every room except Maysen's. She never wakes up. I can be as loud as I want, I can even turn on the lights for crying out loud. Anyway, tonight when I checked on her, she was on top of her covers. I pulled her comforter out, but I wasn't too careful because I knew she wouldn't wake up. As I was doing this I looked down and thought I saw her eyes open. I thought, "Did she really wake up?" So I put my head closer to hers to see if her eyes were open. Looking back, that wasn't such a smart or nice thing to do. When I looked down, her eyes were indeed open. I was about an inch from her face and she screamed. She had a look of pure terror on her face. I started saying, "It's okay, it's just mommy, you're safe, I love you." The look of terror stayed on for about five seconds. I felt so bad. That would completely freak me out. I wonder if she will remember it in the morning. Sorry Maysen - from now on I will be more careful when I check on you.

No comments: