Thursday, August 5, 2010

Triple Nerd Score

Mike had a job interview today. One of the questions they asked was, "What is the nerdiest thing you have ever done." Mike had plenty of material to pull from. I think he went with building a computer controlled submarine robot. (He kicked himself for not saying he hosted a pod cast with a robot host sidekick.) Another question they had was, "What do you do in your spare time?" Mike replied, "Currently I'm building a 7 foot pirate cannon in my basement." Sorry interviewers . . . Mike has you beat on the nerd scale.

In other news . . . it was Jorja's first day of school! Mike gave her a father's blessing before he went to work. Everything ran smoothly this morning and we arrived early. Here is Jorja looking cute in her first day of school outfit. I meant to get her a new outfit (hers is a hand-me-down from Maysen), but two things stopped me. First, I hate to shop. Second, I hate shopping for clothes. Baby clothes were fun, but now when the kids have opinions of their own . . . it's a whole new ballgame.
Jorja & Preston
Jorja & Mrs. Trombino
Caroline, Benjamin & Jorja
Many people asked about Stockton. He has a lot of friends that are pretty sad he isn't coming back. Mrs. McLendon was really sad that she won't have Stockton in P.C. this year. She is starting a letterboxing club . . . maybe we can see if Stockton can join them once in awhile.

Jorja loved her first day. She loved her teacher. Preston and I went and ate lunch with her. She was happy about that. Preston missed her all day long. I think she is going to have a great year.

1 comment:

Oregon Millburns said...

Wow, starting school this early? That seems early. I'm glad Jorja liked her first day and teacher. I LOVE the picture of Preston & Jorja and how Preston is smiling as big as he can! What a ham!