Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Still Learning

Mike went to Utah last weekend for a job interview. He was able to go boating with his family, which was fun for him. Shannon sent him home with chocolates for everyone. I only got a picture of Stockton with his. Stockton had a piano, Maysen a beehive, Preston a dinosaur and Jorja a frog. I even got chocolate covered cinnamon bears. Thanks Shannon!
Stockton
We had a LONG day of homeschool today. The math scantron test took forever! It took them an hour and a half. The questions at the end were crazy. I had no idea how to do those problems. The scantron tests are designed to test you to find your level. Poor Stockton had to keep going and going and going. I also think I messed up a little on what I had them do. Nothing bad, but I think I didn't need to have them do all the lessons we did today. Hard to explain, I barely understand it myself. I'm looking forward to getting some of my questions answered tomorrow. Until then, we're having fun but working hard!

Jorja came home from school yesterday with 21 AR points. She has now met the AR goal for the year for 2nd grade. Eight days in . . . Granted the goal for 2nd grade is 18 points. What kind of goal is that?

2 comments:

Christen said...

I got you some chocolate covered cinnamon bears at the BYU bookstore when I was there. Mike told me they would melt if I mailed them, so... I ate them all by myself! Sorry. :)

We found out what we're having! If Mike doesn't call you soon, I will!

Stephanie said...

Awww! You're sweet! I'm glad you enjoyed them.... And, we are so excited for you! My kids were all screaming...it was so cute! Congratulations!