Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day of Homeschool

Today we started homeschool. I made Maysen and Stockton pose for their first day of school pictures. Gotta still have those. Then we took the long walk downstairs. I wish I could say the first day went without a hitch, but that would be too good to be true. First, they worked on their languages, then they both took a reading scantron test. Next, they needed to watch an orientation assembly on Illuminate (or something like that). I guess that too many people were trying to watch it that it crashed. At least it wasn't on my end. I was getting so frustrated wondering what I was doing wrong. They weren't able to watch the orientation until after I got Jorja home from school. Then their classes loaded and they had a full day ahead of them. We zoomed through the classes, fudged a little on the time we spent and called it good. Stockton said, "That was a hard first day of school." I think it will be better when they are doing school during the day. Well....here's hoping tomorrow is better!
Maysen ~ 7th grade
Stockton ~ 5th grade
Stockton & Maysen
Stockton
Maysen
I told them they had to get dressed everyday for school. (They would live in their pajamas if I let them.) At least I'm not making them wear shoes! For that they are very grateful.

No comments: