Friday, August 6, 2010

Cats

Mike took me to see Cats today. Let me just say that I didn't get it. That was the weirdest thing I have ever seen . . . and not in a good way. Maybe if I knew a little about what it was about, or the songs or anything . . . it was just bizarre. It did help to notice that the musical was based on different poems. It seemed like they tried hard to tie the poems together, but I just totally missed the point. I guess I'm not cultured enough. The people behind us sure seemed to get it as they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Although they kept comparing the cats on the stage with their various cats at home. Reminded me of Angela on The Office. I can't believe that play was on Broadway for so long. The cat that sang Memories was amazing, and the magical cat was fun to watch, but that was pretty much it. The Fox Theater was beautiful. We had never sat in the balcony before, and I liked that a lot better. It was cool looking at the stars in the ceiling. We love the castle walls the are around the stage, it's beautiful.

We stopped at Landmark Diner on the way home. We decided to stop if we could get free parking. We found a spot that said one hour parking. We crossed the street to the diner when this crazy looking guy starts running to us, yelling at us. It is about 10:30 at night and downtown Atlanta can get pretty scary. He started talking to us about our car was going to get booted if we parked there. I told him it was one hour parking. He said that you have to pay and to come with him down the street. So we followed him down this dark street away from everybody (I know . . . we're crazy!), but down the street is a new parking meter where you pay with credit cards. We never saw it there. How are people suppose to know? We thanked the crazy guy and decided to still go to the diner since we were out of the car. On the way back the dark empty street the crazy guy was still waiting for us. He wanted money for saving us the trouble of getting booted. Mike gave him a dollar. He looked disgusted with us. I was hoping he wouldn't go and slash our tires.

We shared a yummy milkshake and ate some greasy food. On the way out we looked for the crazy guy again, now that we had a few more dollars, but he was gone and our tires were in good shape - thank goodness! Some days I miss Seattle! On the way home we talked about all the ways Seattle was less scary than Atlanta.

We had fun though, and it was nice to have the kids all asleep in their own beds when we got home. I love having a live-in babysitter!
Mike & Stephanie ~ taken by Maysen

1 comment:

Oregon Millburns said...

I love this picture of you and Mike! So cute!