Monday, July 5, 2010

Utah Lake

It is now about midnight Utah time. I just got back from dropping Mike off at the airport. He is taking the red eye home tonight and will go straight to work tomorrow. We will get to stay an extra two weeks out west. I'm excited, but I miss Mike already.

This morning started with a bang. Well, a crash. Preston fell out of bed. The beds we are sleeping in are so tall. Mike nicknamed the one in his bedroom The Shelf. When I was saying my prayers, the top of the bed is at my forehead. The bed Jorja and Preston are sleeping on is just as tall. I was worried about this. I had put two blankets around the wood baseboard and onto the floor, as well as the extra pillows from the bed. Glad I did. Mike went and picked him up and put him back into bed. He went right to sleep. He does remember it though, because he was talking about it this morning. I checked on him after I came back from the airport. He is sleeping horizontal. his toes are off the bed, but his head is at Jorja's stomach. Hopefully that will work better for him.

Today we went to Utah Lake with Steve & Shannon & their family. It was pretty cold and choppy, but the kids had a great time. Preston, Jorja and I went on the tube first. Steve was being extra careful, but because he was going too slow the tube got swamped and a giant wave attacked us. Jorja and Preston were done after that. They did try at the end of the day and Preston loved it! Mike was out there with them giving them all sorts of crazy ideas. Preston thought he was so cool when he would stand up. Their turn ended when Jorja's life jacket got caught in her braces.
Jorja, Mike, Preston

The older kids loved going crazy on the tube. Maysen said to Steve that when we went boating with the Shepherds, their dad drove crazy . . . so now Steve has some competition. I never did ask her if she considered Paul the craziest driver, or Steve . . . . Maysen and Stockton also got to do the knee board.
Erica, Brandon, Maysen
Weston, Stockton, Jacob
After boating, we went to Chuck-a-rama and stuffed ourselves silly. We then went to Mike's house where Steve's family was waiting for us. We played an old/weird game until Mike had to hurry and pack. mike and I got the kids all tucked in. Once again I am so grateful for a twelve year old. Mike should be boarding the plane right now. Hope he sleeps well.

No comments: