Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Snow Cones and Sack Races

I made it to the Sprint store by 9:00. I ended up spending almost 2 hours there. But, now the wireless internet works, which is why I am able to blog up at Mike's house right now. The workers set up everything from Maysen's laptop. They must have changed something because now she can't connect to the wireless internet at Steve & Shannon's. I was so frustrated. If I had any idea I would spend this long dealing with the little black box, I never would have waisted my precious time in Utah! Mike tried to help me over the phone, but because I am dumber than a rock - he could not.

Steve and Shannon's ward has a fourth of July party every year. Well, I guess just a party in July. Jorja spent a couple of hours filling popcorn bags for Shannon. She loved that! Brandon and Jorja had quite the system down. It was cute to see them working together. The pictures sure don't do it justice.
Brandon & Jorja
Jorja & Brandon
Weston & Jorja
They have a mini parade down the street to the park. There is a big firetruck that the kids can ride on. They drive really slow and have the sirens blaring. Preston and Jorja both rode on the firetruck. Preston loved it, Jorja did not.
Erica, Maysen, Jorja & Preston
Getting ready for the parade
Jorja & Preston climbing the firetruck
Once at the park, after all the kids are unloaded, the firetruck douses the grassy area while the kids go nuts dancing in the water. Luckily none of the kids were mine. They stayed nice and dry.
Besides popcorn, they had snowcones, hot dogs, lots of treats, a fishing booth, sack races, a watermelon eating contest . . . you get the idea.
Preston ~ rainbow snowcone
Jorja ~ rainbow snowcone
Maysen ~ just ice
Preston fishing ~ he got a yo-yo
Preston at the park
Weston
Jacob
Stockton ~ I LOVE this picture!!!
We are now up at Mike's house. Preston fell asleep on the way here. I had Maysen, Stockton and Jorja all walk down the driveway with me to get the garbage can. I was so proud of myself this morning. When I took the garbage can down, the sprinklers were going. There were five sprinklers that I had to get through, but there was no safe spot. I timed it perfectly and ran down the driveway with the garbage can and didn't get wet! Anyway, while we were at the bottom of the driveway, right by the Smith posts, Maysen decided she wanted to run up the dirt. On her second try, she fell and cut her arm open. She got a pretty long scrape, but thank goodness it isn't too deep. That's about all from here, so now I will end.

No comments: