Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rockin R Ranch

We started the day by reading scriptures outside. We were at Mike's house and it is absolutely beautiful there. It is one of my favorite places in the world and holds such good memories from my childhood.... back before I knew how much it hurt to lose someone who means the world to you. Sometimes, outside, it is easy to feel that kind of innocence. We sat in the old pond (that has now been grassed over) and took turns reading. We are now in Helaman reading about how Nephi announces the murder of the chief judge. I love that story.
Preston & Stephanie
Preston & Jorja
About eight o'clock we were out the door. Three and a half hours later we were in Antimony, Utah. Antimony is short for "the middle of nowhere". Seriously, there is nothing but fields and fields of cows and horses. Hopefully I brought enough pull-ups.
Scoop
After lunch (Stockton was excited to find out lunch was pizza), we went horseback riding. Aunt Sherry watched Jorja and Preston while we went. Stockton didn't want to go, but he was a good sport about it. The trail took us about an hour and a half. I'm not the biggest animal lover, but I survived as well. I kept thinking of all the things that could go wrong, and I kept wishing I had more padding on my behind. I think this one ride will be good enough for both Stockton and me. Mike has been loaded up on allergy pills. He even went horseback riding with us. His eyes were red right after, but he took a shower and isn't so bad. He's pretty congested, but so far so good.
Stockton on Mariah, Maysen on Bobette
My horse was named Tom and Mike's was Miss Piggy - but his was a he. Preston and Jorja got to go around the ranch on the horses. They both loved it. Preston was so cute up there and he wasn't scared at all!
Jorja
Jorja on Little Reba

Preston on Little Reba

Jorja has been having fun playing with Weston. She adores him. Every time they are together, they pick up where they have left off.
Weston & Jorja
Weston & Jorja running away when they saw the camera
Stockton played at the park for a long time with Preston. Once I turned the tire swing for them. Stockton almost lost his lunch.
Preston & Stockton
Maysen has been almost as excited for the archery as she was for the horses. I was glad she was able to go try it the first day.
Papa & Maysen
Maysen
It's nice having everyone in Mike's family together. Except, of course, Melissa, Jessica and Grandma Honey. Melissa comes home from Brazil in three weeks. Hopefully Grandma Honey & Jessica get to have little parties of their own where they now are.....
Spencer & Aimee
Shannon & Scoop
We roasted marshmallows around a campfire. Tage played the guitar and sang. She was amazing! I loved it. I took everyone but Stockton back early to get them to bed. They were pretty tired.
Tage
We have two sets of bunkbeds in our room. One has three beds on it and the kids think it's pretty cool.
Jorja - top, Maysen - middle, Preston - bottom
Preston
Pretty jam-packed day! Hopefully we'll get enough rest before tomorrow. On a side note, I was really worried about how hot it would be here, but so far the weather is perfect! Especially compared to Georgia! A lot of the reviews said that there was no air conditioning. We have it in our room as well as a ceiling fan. Thank heavens!!!!

No comments: