Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Loving Palisades

We spent the morning cleaning the cabin. The water behind us is Palisades Reservoir. I love it up here. It is so pretty. Especially with the reservoir full. I had such a great time with my brothers. Hopefully I'll be able to see them lots when we get back to Utah. It's harder though. Before we left, my kids were all able to have a ride on the 4-wheeler. They all really enjoyed that. I can't believe it's time to leave already!
Jorja, Stockton, Maysen, Stephanie, Preston
Maysen & John
Brett & Preston

Stockton & John
Jorja, Brett & Marie
Lincoln, Jorja & Cassie
Brett & Marie
Marie driving!
Seriously? Jorja can hold Marie, but she won't let me? What's up with that?
Marie & Jorja
The Cousins (missing Skye, Larkin & Abby)
Front: Marie & Preston
Back: Jorja, Stockton, Maysen, Lincoln & Ella
We stayed the rest of the night at my Grandma & Grandpa Parry's. Preston was asleep when we got there. He walked inside, grabbed a cookie and zonked himself out on the couch for another few hours.
Preston
Stockton & Jorja running to the playground
Grandpa & the flag he used to cover his fox hole in the war.
Grandpa with some of his medals.
My Uncle Steve was singing tonight by the river with his group The Not Brothers. It was time to go, and I couldn't find my keys. I searched and searched. I walked outside wondering if I lost them when I was cleaning the mud off of Stockton's shoes. I said a quick prayer, looked down and there were my keys. I was standing in the middle of the backyard. I guess when I ran outside to take the picture of Stockton and Jorja running to the park, my keys must have dropped. Thank goodness for answered prayers.

Steve & his group were great! I loved listening to them. Stockton and Maysen were even laughing a few times. Especially on the song about life being hard if you're dumb. They also sang one of Maysen's favorite songs from when she was little. The Marvelous Toy....or something like that. I was so glad I was there.
Uncle Steve
When we got home, my grandma & grandpa showed me old movies & slides that Uncle John had put on a DVD for them. It was so amazing watching my mom when she was little. I liked seeing my mom best, but it was also cool to see a younger grandma & grandpa....and seeing my mom with Sue & Kris. Bet they're having a great time together now.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Sorry I couldn't be there :(