Thursday, July 8, 2010

Jack's Pack

This morning, I went to get Preston out of bed, and I couldn't find him. He was asleep on the floor. I am so glad I had blankets and pillows down there. It must not have hurt him too bad since he didn't wake up! He even has his blanket still on top of him.
Preston
We packed up this morning and made a quick stop at Steve & Shannon's house (we lost Shiver and think it's there....but still no luck). After a quick stop at Arctic Circle, we headed down to IDAHO!!!!! I love Idaho! We are staying at my Grandma & Grandpa's house. Preston went straight for the puzzles. I remember playing with these magnetic puzzles when I was little. I wish I could find some like it. I can't believe Grandma hasn't lost any pieces in all these years.
Stockton & Grandma
Maysen, Grandpa
Stockton, Grandma, Preston, Jorja
I was really excited when Grandpa told me Jack's Pack had a game tonight! I gave the kids a choice - 1) Stay up late and go to the softball game or 2) Go to bed. They chose go to bed! Even Stockton! I guess the only thing he hates worse than bed is baseball. John told me I have failed as a mother.

Anyway, it was so fun to be at the ballpark! Jack's Pack won on an amazing through by Scott from the right field fence to home plate where Justin made a great catch and tagged the runner out. The runner would have tied the game. Not only was the game fun to watch, but it was nice to talk to my cousins, aunts, uncles, cousin-in-laws and new little babies. Missy and Jacoby were there. Jacoby is so stinkin' cute! He had on a Jack's Pack shirt and was adorable. He's moving to Arizona next week. Skye and Larkin are going to love him!
Jacoby
After the Jack's Pack game we went and saw Jackson play in a Legion game. The game was almost over, but we got to see Jackson hit and make and RBI to win the game (10 run rule). After leaving the ball park, my grandpa showed me the house where my mom use to live. She lived here until 4th grade, I think. I have never seen it before.
1st house
Then we drove by the house I remember. The tree in the front yard is so huge! I tried to get a picture, but it didn't turn out. I also didn't realize that I could see into their house when the flash went off.
Maplewood house

2 comments:

Mike said...

Cool that you got to see those baseball games! I miss you!

FitzSimmons Times said...

That post makes me homesick. Glad you got to see everyone!