Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Handprints and Hardys

It is 2:30 in the morning and I am now sitting on The Shelf. This morning I met Bubs & Ange at Sherry's house. Sherry did Abigail's handprints. We stayed for awhile and played. Their back yard is pretty cool. I haven't been there for so long.
Jorja & Jackson ~ fresh back from Doggie Jail
Tage's horse corner Play stuff
Fancy shed
I have been really impressed this week with Connor and Tage. They are such good kids. Connor was always watching the little ones for his parents at the dude ranch. Tage was so good helping Preston and Lincoln jump on the trampoline They are really sweet.

I was taking to Sherry in the kitchen and Connor was trying to make a slit in his Dr. Pepper bottle with a knife. Sherry told him not to do that, it was ruining her knife. If he wanted to do that, he should use this knife . . . . she then handed him a gigantic knife. She took it away real fast It was pretty funny.
Connor with the small knife
While Sherry was teaching a pottery class in the basement, Connor was busy lighting fireworks on the stove. (Just the kind that smoke) I cant' believe he is going to be in 9th grade next year.
After we left Sherry's house, I took the kids back to Mike's house. We just relaxed, had lunch, read scriptures, I read them their books (they were thrilled I brought them), and practiced the piano (thrilled I brought those books as well). Shannon called and we decided that the kids would sleep over her house tonight. I told her I had one stop on the way. I thought it would be a 15 minute stop at most. It ended up being almost 2 hours. The kids were not happy about that!

I stopped by the Sprint store to buy a box that would let me get internet up here. I walked into the store, told the guy what I wanted, paid $100, signed a contract. It should have been the easiest sell ever. Problem was, the guy couldn't get my box activated. I'm thinking, if you can't activate it at the store, what chance do I have in figuring it out? I finally left and said I would be back (he was trying to activate it on Maysen's laptop while I was gone). I dropped the kids off at Shannon's house, then went back to the store. he decided the box was faulty, but they won't get a new one in until tomorrow. I talked him into having it at the store by 9:00. now that it is almost 3, I am regretting that decision.

After the Sprint store, I picked up Cafe Rio and went to the ball park to watch my brothers play. They won both games. my dad came and we shared dinner. I was really excited to see Phil and Kathy Leatherwood. They came to see Brian play (it was his birthday). The Leatherwood's were my second family growing up. Last week, they were in a roll over accident. The car rolled three times. They are so lucky. Kathy has some bruises and scratches . . . . I am so thankful it wasn't worse.

After the game, Matt, John, Brian & Megan (Brian's girlfriend) went to my dad's house to play games. My dad made tapioca while we played Ticket to Ride and Sequence. It was really fun just to play and play. I'm sure I'll be feeling it in the morning. I think I'm going to call Mike. I think his alarm is going to go off in one minute. Wow. I got to get to sleep. It is pretty weird being in this big house by myself. Oh well, I'm practically too tired to notice. At least I noticed and avoided the skunk in the driveway!

No comments: