Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cowabunga!

On the way back from Idaho yesterday, Jorja was asking what day her baptism would be. She said her birthday was on a Tuesday. Preston said, "Your birthday is on garbage day?" I thought that was funny.

This afternoon we went to Cowabunga Bay with my family. We had a really good time, even though I was cold! The weather was suppose to be in the 90's, but when you are standing in line up high for those water slides, it's cold! I guess the wind didn't help. Stockton was pretty funny in the lazy river. He would sit on a tube with his feet inside. These kids kept trying to dunk him. They would flip up the tube. Stockton would dive inside and end up sitting exactly how he had been before the tip. He was undunkable!

One of the fun things about the water park was they let me take Preston down the slides while I was holding him. I've never been anywhere like that before. He thought he was pretty hot stuff to be big enough for those slides. (Hot stuff's my mom's phrase. I like it, so I'm going to use it.)

After the water park, and after I found Jorja (scared me to death), we went to the Mayan. I had never been there before. The kids weren't too happy to be going to a Mexican restaurant, but they were good sports about it. They loved it when we got there. Not the food, but the atmosphere. They had diving shows you could watch during dinner. The divers came around to the table afterwards, Preston told them they were crazy.
Maysen, Jorja, Stephanie, Preston, Stockton
Maysen, Stockton, Preston, Jorja watching the show
Crazy divers with Stephanie, Preston & Stockton
One diver name Celeste talked to us for awhile. She asked us if we would like to go behind the scenes. The kids were really curious what the tunnel looked like. We talked to the divers for about fifteen minutes back there. It was pretty neat.
Celeste & Jorja backstage
Top: Jorja, Maysen, Stockton
Bottom: Rachel, Preston, Max, Grandpa, Cassie & Marie, John
After dinner, against my better judgement, I went to my dad's house to play Ticket to Ride. Maysen wanted to play. It was already almost an hour past bedtime, but Maysen wanted to play. The other kids were patient with me. Stockton did try to carry me out after the game. Guess I was taking to long. At least I won! Maysen came in second, just a few points behind me. Pretty good showing for us!

2 comments:

Christen said...

I'm sure your Mike will love that picture of you next to the naked boys. Ha!! We're missing all the fun. BooHoo!

Stephanie said...

We miss you so, so much!!! I wish you were here and can't wait to see you guys again!