Saturday, June 5, 2010

Grades

Maysen's grades came today, along with her CRCT scores. Maysen exceeded the standard in all the categories. Her best areas were Language Arts and Science. Maysen always tells me that she is good at science, but she doesn't like it very much. Maysen barely exceeded the standard in Social Studies. "No surprise there." according to Maysen. She doesn't like social studies at all.

Maysen received an excellent report card. 98 - Language Arts, 96 - Gifted Reading, 98 - Gifted Math, 100 - Career Exploration (waste of time), 98 - Science, 95 - Social Studies, 96 - French. Pretty smart kid. Especially since in my opinion, she didn't try at all. She just showed up. Although she is excellent at using her time wisely and would always have her homework done before she came home from school. Both of us are glad her time at that middle school has ended.

I'm starting to get really excited about teaching the kids. I hope I do a good job. I hope they enjoy it and I hope Maysen will have a better school year. The kids have been bugging me about starting their summer research projects. I told them I wanted them to take a week off before we started. I wonder what they will come up with this time.

No comments: