Friday, June 4, 2010

Books

Maysen and I have been baking cookies all week long. The Young Women are having a yard sell tomorrow to raise money for girls camp. Maysen wanted to sell cookies there as well. I am really annoyed that I have gained 2 pounds this week! I have hardly snitched at all, but it is just impossible to make sugar cookies without snitching a little of the dough. Maysen decided that the universe was against us making cookies. We had been waiting for the cookie paddles Mike ordered. (Mother's Day present) After spending all week making cookies, the minute I put the last batch in the oven the UPS guy was at the door. Cookie paddles delivered. Maysen and I decided we needed to test them out, so we made another two batches. Sugar cookie overload.

Anyway, as we were getting into the car to take our things to the garage sell, Maysen came out with an entire bucket filled with books. What? I told her I needed to okay all the books. I ended up only letting her take three. I tried to explain that although she has read these books, we still have the others. Plus, they were awesome. Treasure Island, The Thief Lord, Hatchet, Charlotte's Web, the Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane......I am not giving those up yet. Plus, Edward Tulane is the next book I'm going to read Jorja.

I let the three older kids stay up late tonight and watch the spelling bee. We were rooting for the girl that looked like Aunt Ange. She came in third I think. I liked listening to Stockton guess how the words were spelled before they showed up on the television screen. Now I'm tired and ready for bed.

No comments: