Thursday, May 20, 2010

Three Piggy Opera

Jorja's first grade class did a Three Piggy Opera as part of their awards day. Jorja has been singing the songs for a month! I got a seat in the front and video taped the entire thing. I just knew she would love watching it again over the summer. Preston had taken nap and had crawled in my lap. My arm was SO tired from holding the camera. When the performance had finished, I looked down and realized one of the times Preston had jostled me, I accidentally hit the pause button. I only recorded one minute and twenty seconds of the show! I am so annoyed at myself right now. They are putting the show on again tomorrow for their reading buddies, hopefully I can talk Mike into recording it then.
Jorja dressed as the wolf
(she was a narrator, but wanted to try out the wolf costume....
although the knife and fork were her props....)
Jorja received many awards. Perfect attendance (with a medal), top AR points (with a plaque), math maniac, sight words, citizenship . . . I can't remember them all, but we are very proud of her! She did her absolute best in first grade, and it was pretty darn good!
Jorja & Mrs. Latham
Jorja

One of the awards must have been generated by the office because they spelled Jorja's name, Jorga. For some reason the office printed her name like this at the beginning of Kindergarten. I talked to them to have it corrected at the beginning of the year . . . .
Mrs. Latham and her class gave me this beautiful pot for helping with the math tests this year. The kids each made a bee with their thumbprints. Jorja told me that they still need to put wings on the prints, but I kind of like it how it is.
Stephanie, Jorja and Preston's head

Now I just have Maysen's awards night to go to (maybe Mike will post some pictures for me), then it is off to the airport! Preston is so excited!

My mom has now been gone for 14 years today. Miss you mom! At least I get to see her son and two of her grandchildren! I'm also holding out hope that she will get a new grandchild today....

3 comments:

Oregon Millburns said...

That is just TERRIBLE with what happened to you while video taping her play....bummer!!! I love the pot with all their thumb prints on it...so cool! I hope you have a fun time in VA!

The Bubs said...

Doesn't look like we'll have a child today. Bummer.

Mike said...

Hey Steph - I almost forgot to go and video their opera, but I remembered. I got it and Jorja watched it on the TV today.

Miss you guys..looks like you are having fun. Cool about Webkinz on the plane.