Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Stockton's Field Day

Today was a LONG day! It was Stockton's field day today. He doesn't traditionally enjoy field days, so I'm always a little worried about how the day will play out. It started off with volleyball. They had the 3rd, 4th and 5th graders compete. It took forever - well I guess just an hour. Stockton's team won two games and lost one.
Stockton during volleyball
Then came whirlwind. Stockton was really excited about this one. He usually does so good. You have to run through the jump rope every time it swings. If you let it go around an extra time, or if it hits you - you're out. This was the event Stockton was waiting for. He was first in line. But he got out first thing. The first three people got out. It took a little while for the teachers that were turning to get the hang of it. Stockton was really upset because Coach Hughes was turning the middle group (5th graders) and he thought that was where the 4th grade line should have been. It was pretty disappointing for him.
Stockton
The next game was tug-of-war, but Stockton, Preston and I snuck inside. I was thinking, "I'm so glad it's pizza for lunch today, that will perk Stockton right up." When we get to the room, I notice the lunch had been changed because of field day. Instead of pizza it was chicken sandwich - sack lunch. NO!!!!!! Stockton likes the chicken sandwiches, but he won't eat them if they are in a sack lunch. He hates them. I turned to Stockton and asked him if he wanted me to run to Chick-fil-a and bring him back a lunch. Preston could have his. Stockton thought this was a good plan. Preston and I ran to the jeep, and made a mad dash to Chick-fil-a. Lunch had already started by the time we got back, but Stockton still had plenty of time to eat. Thank goodness.
After lunch they had the water games. I wish Jorja's water games had been after lunch. She was freezing! The weather was great today. Stockton was enjoying himself, so around 12:30 Preston and I headed home.
Stockton & Nicholas
Preston

Stockton & Preston
Stockton
Katy & Stockton
This month has been so hard picking up the kids. I have been driving the jeep because our licence plate has expired on the van. We can't get it renewed until we get the title. Mike called his brother a few weeks ago, and he had to order a new one. Then the title got sent to Mike's dad's house in Sandy, but Mike's dad was at his house in St. George. The key to his mailbox was also in St. George. So we have been waiting. Mike has been driving the van with the trailer behind him hoping that the licence will be hidden until we can get it changed. (Mike's dad called today and said the title should be here by 3:00 tomorrow - hooray!)

Anyway, I get into the carpool line around 2:00 but I don't pick up the kids until 2:50. The jeep doesn't have air conditioning. It was 84 degrees outside. In Georgia. This week it is my turn to pick up Maysen and Rylee. (Jorja's happy because I can't take her with me because there isn't enough seats.) After I drop off Stockton and Jorja, I go get in line for another 40 minutes to pick up the girls. With no air conditioner. Today Preston fell asleep while waiting at the elementary school. He woke up about 5 minutes before the girls got out. He was screaming! I kept saying, "I'm so sorry. I don't know how to help you. There's nothing I can do." It was so hot! Maysen got in the car and said, "Wow! Preston's covered in sweat. I've never seen him like this." Man I can't wait to have the van back again!

2 comments:

Stockton said...

I thought you understood me clearly, we won two and lost two. Otherwise, we wouldn't have been elimiated from the whole volleyball competition.

Stockton said...

If I could edit my comment above, I'd have put the "n" in eliminated. I hate typing errors.