Friday, May 28, 2010

Perfect Porge

Today was the last day of school! Stockton was so excited. Jorja's excited, but didn't really want this year to end. She's had a great teacher and good friends, especially Cannon. Maysen got in the car and said, "I never have to go back to that school again!"

Jorja brought home her scores from the CRCT today. She scored PERFECT in math and reading. She only missed ONE in Language Arts. I couldn't believe it. My little Porja only missed one on the entire CRCT. Not only that, but her report card came home as well. She had perfect attendance, no tardies, perfect citizenship, and all 3's (the best) in every area the entire school year. She also made it the entire year without signing the notebook once. Now that is very impressive. I'm so proud of you Jorja!
Jorja & Mrs. Latham
I hung out in Stockton's class most of the morning. The room mom's put together a candy bar for the kids. I helped them with that. Mrs. Catlin had the 4th graders write a letter to the 4th graders next year. Stockton's went something like, "Meet your new teacher, Mrs. Catlin. Teacher of the year 2009-2010, superstar of extra recess and champion of cut-and-paste. She will go easy on you at the end of the year. Don't worry about her, she is awesome." He also said, "Summer is over, but don't be glum . . . the year will fly by."

That is true. We have loved Mrs. Catlin and Mrs. Latham. If only Maysen had an amazing year.... Oh well. Hopefully next year will work out. I had Maysen and Stockton pick a foreign language to learn. Stockton picked French and Maysen picked Chinese. (Chinese wasn't offered for Stockton)
Stockton & Mrs. Catlin
Mike had the brilliant idea of letting the kids stay up as long as they wanted today. Preston is asleep, but the others are up and running. Mike just came up and asked me if I wanted to do a three person bobsled with him and Jorja. I am NOT staying up as long as Stockton. I don't even want to try. I don't think he will make it all night though. He will fall asleep somewhere and then think he stayed up all night. Hope they are not cranky in the morning.

1 comment:

Mike said...

For the record, Maysen stayed up all night most of the following day. She fell asleep after about 34 hours or so while her mom was reading a book to her.

Stockton crashed about 1:30am but experienced various states of consciousness throughout the night. And he was up when I got up.

The kids are begging to do it again, but we'll have to see about that one..