Friday, May 14, 2010

Girls Night!

This morning Mike, Preston and I went to get the licence plate for the van. I was so happy! At the window, we quickly learned that there was still another paper that we needed. The title was from the Smith Family Partnership. They need a notarized paper that said Mike is authorized to sign for this. I couldn't believe it. There was no way this could be done today since it couldn't be faxed. I was thinking to myself, "Well, I'm not walking away from here without a way to drive the van. I'll cry if I have to." I knew it wouldn't be hard to start to cry, all I had to do was think about picking up the kids the last two weeks. The thought of doing that even one more day was enough. Anyway, Mike asked if they could give us a temporary plate so we could drive the car while we were waiting for the papers - especially since this is the second time we have tried, so they know we are working on it. She said no, there was nothing she could do. So, I started crying. I told her I had been driving a jeep with no air conditioner, and I couldn't bare the thought of sitting in the carpool lane for two hours with my baby again. She told me she would get us a 30 day temporary plate. Now, was that so hard? I hate feeling like a criminal because we can't figure out the hoops they want us to jump through. Mike asked what papers he needed, she said, "I don't know what you need, but I know you need something." I am so glad I can drive the van again. When I picked up Maysen she said, "Mom you look so happy." That I was.

Mike took Stockton and Preston camping for Fathers and Sons. Preston was so excited. It was thundering pretty loud tonight so I hope they're okay.

After the boys left, I took the girls shopping. We went to School Box and let Jorja pick out some silly bands. Then we looked at books at Borders. We were there until the mall closed. As we were leaving Hallmark, the gate was almost all the way down. Maysen exclaimed, "Ninja roll!" and both the girls crawled under the gate. I waited for a worker to lift it up.

I took the girls to IHOP next. Maysen had crepes and Jorja had a silly face pancake. They both split a milkshake. Maysen declared this a "really good day". She especially liked the part of the day where her partner didn't show up in math class. Her partner hasn't liked any of Maysen's ideas. They had to turn in their ideas of what they are going to work on today, so Maysen changed them to what she wanted to do. She was quite happy about that.

It was pretty fun to have just the girls to myself. Maysen and Jorja were so cute together. It makes me so happy when they get along. I hope Mike had just as much fun with the boys.

No comments: