Sunday, May 30, 2010

Booked It Again

Mike and I finally bought our tickets for Utah. I am flying out June 29th with all the kids, Mike will come the next day. It was about $100 cheaper a ticket to go on Tuesday, so we decided it would be worth it to have five tickets get the cheaper price. Mike is flying in after work on Wednesday because he doesn't get any paid vacation. We have to go at this time because Mike's family is going to a dude ranch. I am really nervous about this because Mike is allergic to horses. I'm really disappointed about missing Lagoon. So is Maysen. She is very upset about it....but she is excited about the dude ranch, especially archery.

Mike is taking the red eye Monday night and will go straight to work Tuesday morning. I will stay with the kids. Originally I had planned to fly back to Georgia as soon as our trip to the cabin is over. I was disappointed that we would only be able to see Brett and Rachel for two days. We decided to have our flights coincide with Maysen's friend, Rylee. She needed to come to Utah and her parents felt more comfortable with us watching out for her. Rylee needed to come back around the 20th (she is going to California with her cousins), so I decided to stick it out a little longer. It will be better this way anyways. I will get to have a good visit with Brett and Rachel (and Marie!), and the kids will get to see more of their cousins. I'm not looking forward to being away from Mike for so long, or figuring out where to stay for our trip. I'm sure this is the better plan, I'm just nervous about it. I wish we could just move to Utah already and not have to worry about this ever again. Maybe one day.

Preston is super excited to ride a plane again. I told him he was going to see his cousins in Utah. He said, "Skye?!" I'm not sure about that, but maybe. I told him he would see Lincoln, Ella, Baby Abbie, Marie, Erica, Brandon.......etc. Preston looked at me and said, "Is Weston my sister?" What? Where did that come from? No Preston. Weston is not your sister. He is not even a girl. Although we would take him home with us if we could.....

2 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

YAAAAY! Glad your leaving later (but I didn't want to pressure you to stay out that long!) We'll find lots of fun things to do. Tell Preston, Marie might not be as fun, but she could be a close second.

Oregon Millburns said...

I agree...YAAAY! I can't wait to see you and your cute family! I'm also looking forward to the cabin! We will have so much fun!