Saturday, April 17, 2010

Treasured Aventure

We had a primary quarterly activity today. It went really well. Thanks to Sister Shaw. Anyway, the primary children gathered to hear a message from the bishop, but instead found a note that the bishop had been kidnapped. We divided into groups to look for him. Basically an age appropriate activity for 25 minutes. I had the two littlest classes. We went on a little treasure hunt around the church. The clues had the kids taking giant steps, tiptoe, walking sideways, jumping. It was pretty cute. When we gathered all the clues, we had to discover the password so Mike would let them in the door. Once inside they got to play play-doh. They loved it more than I thought they would.
Stephanie giving a mini-lesson on Friendship (the secret word)
Valiant 10's & 11's had to catch the villain
Brother Duce was hilarious
Preston playing the games at the end of the activity.
He looks so grown up!
Preston did such a good job at the activity. He followed all the directions. I volunteered to take the youngest class so I could be with him. I figured he was going to follow me anyway, I might as well make it easy on him. (In case you were wondering, the villain did end up telling the kids where the bishop was when they offered to let him play games with them.)

Jorja didn't go to the activity. She had a birthday party at Emma's house at the same time. Ms. Lamb came and helped all the girls paint monkeys. They turned out really cute. I'll have to get a picture of Jorja and her monkey, but I forgot and now I'm too lazy.

When Jorja got home, Preston and Jorja played with the play-doh for an hour and a half. Then they cleaned it up. Now that was awesome.

No comments: