Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Gollywhopper

Stockton's not a big reader. He doesn't enjoy it like the girls do. He does devour books when they peak his interest. For example, he loves the My Weird School books. Those books are really easy and way below his reading level. Stockton didn't really like the Harry Potter books, and I'm reading him The Lightning Thief right now, but he's not a huge fan. This year in Stockton's Easter basket, he got three Reading Bowl books for next year. He absolutley LOVED The Name of this Book is Secret. He couldn't put it down. Stockton was even playing the Wii and reading at the same time. I wish I had a picture of that. Now he is reading The Gollywhopper Games. He started this morning and is almost finished with it. Maysen loved that one as well. I get so much joy watching him enjoy a book. Let's hope the Easter bunny picked three good books for his basket. The last one was All the Lovely Bad Ones. (I think....I'm too lazy to go downstairs and look at the title.) I'll have to ask Stockton to write book reviews on his blog. I think he would like that.

Stockton and Maysen have one more day of their standardized tests. Tomorrow's test is Social Studies. Maysen hates that. Stockton likes it better than science. Stockton's goal is to only miss two on the entire test (all five days worth). I asked him where he came up with that number, he said because one year he only missed three so he wanted to do better, and he thought it was a reasonable goal. He said he would be really depressed if he missed four. For a kid that hates school, he sure is good at it and sets high goals for himself. He has enjoyed this year, other than the fact that it is school.

No comments: