Saturday, April 3, 2010

General Conference

Today was a wonderful day! It went by so fast. This morning the kids each helped me clean a bathroom, got their piano done, beds made and let me read to them. When I say let, I mean let. You would think they are being tortured the way they grumble and groan when I bring out a book. (Except Jorja....she loves it when I read to her). I don't care though. No amount of groaning is going to stop me. Right now I am reading Sheep to Jorja. The Lightning Thief to Stockton and I finished reading Huckleberry Finn to Maysen and started The Fellowship of the Ring. That went over real well. Come on John. Help me out here. Tell Maysen how lucky she is! (Huckleberry Finn is as hard to read outloud as Fox in Socks. I don't know how my dad can do it so well.)

Anyway, after all that we had a delicious scone breakfast that Mike had made. YUMMY! I ate way too many. Then on to conference. I love watching conference at home. I feel so blessed to be able to do this. When we lived in Washington, we would go over to Mike's work and try to hear in on the Internet. The connection was horrible and you could only hear every other word. I love playing conference bingo with the kids. We had marshmallows, jellybeans, andes mints, dove chocolate . . . well you get the idea. Not too healthy, but a ton of fun.

My favorite session so far was the afternoon. My two favorite speakers spoke back-to-back. Bednar and Holland. Bednar talking about raising righteous children and the warning signs to look out for. His voice is so calm and melodious. Holland is straightforward and powerful. I will always love listening to Elder Holland after hearing him when he came and talked to our stake. It was a big deal, and he was amazing. The spirit was so strong - I will never forget it. Anyway, my favorite quote was from Holland of course: "Like thieves in the night, unwelcomed thoughts can and do seek entrance to our minds; but we do not have to throw open the door, serve them tea and crumpets and then tell them where the silverware is kept." Haha. He makes me laugh.

Right now Mike is at the Priesthood session. The kids are asleep and I am listening to conference again. I love PVR.

No comments: