Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter!

Happy Easter! We had a great, long day here. Early this morning, the kids woke up to their Easter baskets! Preston got this toy dog that he cried over at the store. He was so sad I wouldn't buy it for him. He was pretty happy with the Easter bunny. Jorja got frog cups and a 'busy bee' shirt. She liked the shirt because she is in the bee class at school. Stockton LOVED his Pi shirt. Maysen got a lot of Young Women trinkets. Mike and I got a new scale in our basket. Ours broke awhile ago, and it has been driving me crazy.

Maysen also made an Easter egg hunt for the kids which they really enjoyed.

Mike and I made homemade bread this morning. When Mike went back to work, he asked me if there was something I wished I had. I told him that I wished my mixer was fixed. My mixer broke right before he lost his job. So, Mike got me a nice mixer and I LOVE it! We made four loaves of homemade bread today. This is one of the only healthy things that all my kids will eat. I couldn't make it by myself before because my wrists are way too weak to knead the bread. (I have tendinitis in them and it drives me crazy.) Anyway, it was so easy to make and is so yummy.

While the bread was rising, I helped Mike shoot another video. I have no idea what I'm doing when I'm controlling TEC, but I just move buttons and then Mike makes it look right. TEC now has his own facebook page and has almost 100 more friends than me. Oh boy. When he has more than Cassie, well that will be something.

We were also able to watch the final two sessions of conference. Whoever said the opening prayer was awesome! Maysen and I both got bingos before he finished! I love Conference, especially when it is on Easter. I love hearing the prophet and apostles testify of Christ.

On a side note....our old Stake President got called to the second quorum of the seventy yesterday. Also, a friend from highschool's dad spoke at the priesthood session. He talked about how missionaries receive their callings.

Preston did his first Family Home Evening today. His primary teacher sent him home with a recipe for 'Resurrection Rolls'. Preston did a cute job and loved being in charge....then he got bored. Preston also wanted to race to the bathroom. When we got there he said, "I win! Don't worry, I still love you." I said, "Would you still love me if I won?" He said, "Not very much." Nice to know where I stand.

Sorry for the long post. Now to the pictures.....
Preston & Maysen
Preston

Jorja

Stockton
Homemade bread

1 comment:

Oregon Millburns said...

Na, 777 friends aren't that many! Haha!