Friday, April 30, 2010

Broken to Pieces

I broke the lid to Maysen's pot today. I had washed it in the dishwasher, and as Maysen and I were unloading the dishes - I dropped it. I was so sad. Maysen was so proud of this pot, and I love all of the pieces she was able to make. I couldn't believe I dropped it. Everything happened in slow motion. I was crying telling Maysen how sorry I was. That bothered Preston. He kept looking at me and saying, "It's easy to fix, you can tape it . . . you can glue it." I don't think he liked to see me cry. Mike meanwhile was dancing around singing, "Blog, blog, bloggedy blog" and "I'm glad it wasn't me! I'm glad it wasn't me!"

I took Maysen to the doctors today for a check-up. I needed to get a hearing and vision form signed. Long story short, we are going to the eye doctor tomorrow. Besides telling her that she will most likely be 4'11" (which we pretty much knew), she will most likely need glasses. She was pretty upset about that. It came as such a shock to her that she couldn't see. She doesn't want to have braces and glasses. The good news at the check-up was the doctor said Maysen's back was looking great. I told Maysen to look on the bright side. I'm sure she would rather need glasses than have to wear a brace for scoliosis.

1 comment:

Brett - Rachel B said...

that's looking on the bright side! Maysen is a cutie. Everyone will want to wear glasses when they see her in them!