Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Snow Globe

Today it snowed in Georgia . . . again! They ended up sending everyone home from school around noon. Luckily I was volunteering, so they let me take Stockton and Jorja home. When I got home, there were seven messages waiting for me! No one ever calls me! Most of them were about how I was going to get the kids home from school. I have a new friend that moved into our ward. (Yea!) Her name is Stephanie. She has a daughter that is Maysen's age. (Double Yea!) She's picking up the kids from middle school all week - so she got to brave the snow. Considering she just moved from Utah, it wasn't a big deal for her.

The snow was BEAUTIFUL! It was still pretty on the ground, but it was slushy. I love catching the big flakes on my tongue, so that was fun. When I came home, I decided to watch the morning weather report. Snow was only predicted for Northern Georgia. I was laughing at the weather man telling him he is so, so wrong.
Our backyard
Today is also my Grandma Parry's 87th birthday! I was able to talk to her for awhile, and all the kids said hello. Although Jorja freezes up on the phone for some reason . . . but she smiled a lot and nodded.
Mike, Steph, Grandma & Grandpa

My grandma is the best. She really is. I don't know what I would do without her. Even though she is on the other side of the country, she is my best friend. She is always there for me. She will always listen to me. She loves me and my children completely. Because both Mike and I have lost our moms, she has become Grandma to our children. I know a lot my cousins have taught their kids to call her Grandma-Great (which I think is awesome by the way), but I never have. To them she is just Grandma. That is what they need.


Grandma came and stayed with me after Stockton was born. Stockton was still in the hospital when she got here. I wanted her to come so badly, and she was such a huge help. Especially since I had to run to the hospital every three hours to feed Stockton, she was able to stay with Maysen.
Stockton & Grandma
I will never forget how lovingly she cared for my mom as she was dying. She was always there. She took care of us while my dad stayed with my mom in the hospital. She helped our lives be normal - if that were possible. She has told me that her biggest regret is that she was doing laundry when my mom died. Grandma, that's crazy! I remember that you were doing laundry (unselfish to the core), and I ran and told you to come quick. You were there when she died. You were always there for her. You were always taking care of us. You have loved us as much as she does. My brothers and I all know it.

There is nothing I could say to even come close in describing how remarkable Grandma is. I love her as much as I love anyone. Happy birthday Grandma! I can't wait to see you again!
Maysen, Grandma, Stockton
I have lots more pictures, but with Mike out of town I'm not sure how to get to them. But the picture above is one of my all-time favorites. These kids know they are loved.

No comments: