Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New Job

So Mike got a job today. It is at Cox Communications (or Incorporated....or something like that, but the first word is Cox). He had an interview with them this morning. Janet watched Preston because I was teaching Jorja's class. About an hour after his interview they called him and offered him the job. Mike really liked the atmosphere of the company - much more then the interview he went to in Seattle. The job is something he is good at and enjoys. As far as money goes, it will only take him one hour to make what I make in a day. I know I should be happy about this - and I am. But I'm also a little sad. I really wanted to move back to Utah. I thought this time we were moving for sure. Mike tells me that he will still look for a job in Utah, and having this job here might actually help him get a job in Utah. I do love my life here. We are very, very happy (except with Maysen's school) - I was just anxious to be around my family again. One of the downsides of this new job is he won't get vacation days. I don't know what this is going to mean for us long term. I know it is getting really hard visiting Utah twice a year. I don't think our families have any idea the sacrifice we have made in order to do this. I just don't know if we can do it much longer. So many questions . . . . . .

8 comments:

Chad said...

I'm really happy to hear that! Working is usually better than not working. Hopefully the new job situation starts to feel really peaceful for you.

I've been meaning for a long time to move the family wiki to parry.org. I guess I better do that really soon, before Mike gets extremely busy.

Christen said...

Glad to hear he got a job!! I'm sorry you won't be moving to Utah as soon as you'd like, I know how much you wanted that. I know exactly what you mean about people not understanding the sacrifice to go out to visit. The time, money, schedule changes, time zone changes on the kids, the list goes on ... I really hope we can see you this Summer, but we know you will do what is best for your family. We love you guys!!

The Jensen's said...

I feel like I need to tell you guys congratulations and sorry all at the same time. The Lord must need you there for a little longer.
I totally understand what you mean about the sacrifice it takes to see your family twice a year. We only live 4 hours away and head up to Salt Lake about once every two months and it kills the pocket book among other things. I can't imagine what it does to yours and with a family of 6! YIKES! Hang in there your time will come.

FitzSimmons Times said...

I am happy for the new job - and good money too! Sorry about not moving to Utah, I know that you have dreams about living near family. Maybe Mike's right and it is the gateway to make something better happen. Congratulations Mike!

Oregon Millburns said...

We're so excited for Mike! That's great news. How about you guys stay in Georgia for the next 3 years while John is in Law school, we visit each other all the time, have have a blast...and in 3 years we both move back west???

Brett - Rachel B said...

Congrats! That is such sweet news. Also Steph you don't have to sub anymore!
I know you want to live in Utah, but your HOUSE is so awesome. Who else has a secret bookcase door? Again, I really cannot convey how awesome your house is. Besides, the market will pick up in a couple of years and you'de be better of selling it then anyways.
That is a weird bummer about the vacation time though. Does this mean we won't see Mike for over 3 years? That feels weird.

Brett - Rachel B said...

Steph & Cass: Move back to Utah in 2014? Lets do it!

Stephanie said...

Rachel & Cass! It's a date! 2014 is now marked on my calendar. What can we do to convince Christen?