Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Poems

Happy Valentine's Day! We woke up to breakfast in bed. Jorja brought me up oatmeal, and she brought up Mike Cap'n Crunch. What a sweetheart. Stockton came home from church and made this train track. I thought it was so cute.
Preston, Jorja, Stockton

We tried to have the chocolate fountain . . . only the chocolate wasn't cooperating. It was tasty, but it wouldn't flow right. Preston sure didn't mind.

Preston
Yep, Preston loved it!
Jorja made me the flower I have in my hair. She got it off of a gift bag, found a barrette and tied the flower on with string. She is so sweet. I love it. I got lots of compliments on it. Thanks Jorja!
Jorja & Stephanie
Maysen & Jorja's bananagram board
Maysen asked everyone to write a poem for Family Home Evening. Stockton said, "You're going to put this on your blog, aren't you." Why yes, yes I am. Here they are:

I love
Puppies, Unicorns, Blankets
And my green one
And a pen and a coin
Maysen, Stockton, Jorja
and you and mommy and daddy.
And Shiver.
--Preston

Valentines Day
candy, hug, care
loving, caring, sharing
I like Valentines.
love!
--Jorja

The bug-eyed aliens from Pluto
have a horrible project to do.
They're big-headed, small-brained,
and their skin is permanent blue!

They have to give a Valentine
to the alien they love most.
This project is complete torture
because EVERYBODY'S gross!
--Stockton

Love the Lord, for he is there
He felt your joy, he heard your prayer
He will always answer what you say,
Listen, listen, learn, and pray.
The Lord your God will always care,
You must be clean to feel him there.
When at last you die one day,
The Lord you love will guide the way.
Love the Lord, he's always there.
Listen, learn, and speak in prayer.
--Maysen

Stephanie -
This year I love you more than last
Just like each year that has gone past

I love you more as time goes by
And can not count numbers so high

I'm lucky that you are my wife
And that you're stuck with me for life!

Thanks for marring me - I love you
--Mike

I love my family
I love my home
I love the Savior
I hope you like my poem.
--Stephanie

Tonight before bed, we were reading about Abinadi in the scriptures - although we were only able to read 9 verses because Preston was not cooperating. Mike started telling the kids about Elijah. They loved the stories about Elijah calling fire down from heaven to destroy the armies that were sent to get him. Maysen and Stockton were laughing so hard. It was cute to see them giggling about an Old Testament prophet.

4 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

I love all of those poems. I think I'll share Maysen's with my primary class if thats ok.
Can't wait to see you guys again....

brett said...

I would challenge some of those bananagram words.

Stephanie said...

eatmorechikn - come on! what's wrong with that?

Maysen said...

It was going to be SQUIDIFY (everyone knows that is a word so it shouldn't need explaining) but we had to take off the 'y' and put in 'ied'.