Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Knowledge #1

I have been working on my Personal Progress goals with Maysen. For my value project for Knowledge, I am starting a plan to be more physically fit. I'm going to be walking with Maysen every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I also am going to try to learn how to cook a healthy meal . . . we'll see how that one turns out. I'm not against cooking healthy meals, I'm just against cooking altogether. Good thing Mike loves to cook.

Walking with Maysen has been great. She is so sweet and even said, "When we move to Utah, do you think we can still walk like this?" Our walks are a great time to discuss our personal progress goals. Today we talked about knowledge and why it is important to learn while you are young, and to always learn. We talked about how it is important to be 'book smart', but it is also important to be smart in other areas. For example, when I went to college, I didn't have a clue how to do laundry. I just never thought about it. When I was in high school I worked at a dry cleaners. Every time I worked I was able to have two items dry cleaned for free. I just worked up front with the customers and pricing the clothes, so I never actually cleaned them. When I went to college, I realized I didn't know the first thing about doing laundry. The year before I went away, my mom was always in Idaho visiting her sister who was really sick. I think if things had been different, she would have made sure I knew what to expect. Anyway, I wish I had learned how to do everyday things when I was younger, not just school things. I am still trying to learn how to stay organized. That is the hardest thing for me. I love being organized, but it is so hard for my brain to wrap around how to organize anything. When Mike organizes things for me, I can keep it that way for a long time, I just can't get it there to begin with. It's obnoxious how difficult this is for me. Very frustrating.

I know I am going to enjoy the walks with Maysen. I know I am not going to enjoy 'journaling' on my blog.

Stockton finally spent some of his money. He ordered Mario Kart Double Dash. He has wanted this game for years. He had to order a controller as well, and that is what he has been waiting for. When he saw the mailman, he dashed out of the house to meet her. Along with Jorja and Preston. Now Stockton doesn't want to turn it off because it will lose all his data. Mike is going to look for a memory card while he is out tonight.

Earlier today, Mike brought up a fishing pole. He was setting it up so I could pull a laser tag gun off the wall for something he wanted to film. When Mike walked by Preston, Preston immediately pipes up, "I want it!" He has no idea what it is, but he knows he wants it. He followed Mike around for quite awhile saying, "I want it! I want it!" Silly boy.

No comments: