Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Back to Basics

Now that the Reading Bowl competition is over, I am starting to get everyone back into our old routines. We started back up with the piano today. I try to sit with them Monday, Wednesday & Fridays. The other days they just need to play for five minutes right now. On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays I read to them a book of my choosing. They love that! They never complain. I think they just want to be last so they can savor the time with their mom. I'm sure that's it. Right now I'm reading Elijah of Buxton to Maysen. We are also reading Huckleberry Finn, but Elijah is a Reading Bowl book and I'd like to finish it. Stockton and I are reading Deep and Dark and Dangerous. Also a Reading Bowl book, but I still want to read it. Jorja and I are reading The Return of Meteor Boy? Sometimes Mike reads that one to her . . . it is a pretty fun book.

No comments: