Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dad's Store

We have been trying to simplify the amount of toys the kids have. So . . . Mike set up a store. A little background information: Everyday the kids earn points for different chores. If they earn 100 points at the end of the day, they earn a sticker. Stickers can be redeemed for prizes. (Stickers are worth approximately 33 cents.) They also have to earn their sticker in order to play the computer or the wii the next day. If they fail to earn their sticker, the next day they have to earn all 100 points before they are allowed to play those things. (It motivates them pretty well.) Anyway, back to the story . . . Mike was interested in getting rid of some things the children were having a hard time parting with. He set up a store and told the kids they could bring anything (that was theirs) and turn in their toys. He would pay them in points that would be redeemable whenever they chose. That was huge! We have never let them carry points over before! Anyway, Jorja earned a lot of points. Maysen only traded in a few things, but they were things she really liked and Mike had really wanted to get rid of them - so she earned a lot of points. Stockton didn't trade anything.

I have a funny Stockton story though. Stockton and I went to the mall. I had a free coupon for a webkinz, so I wanted him to pick one out for his birthday. We were walking around Hallmark when Stockton looks at me and says, "Do I have my backpack on?" He did! I didn't even notice. I guess when I tell him to get his coat, he automatically puts his backpack on as well. We laughed and laughed.

Preston also stayed dry all day!

1 comment:

brett said...

I liked the Stockton story.

Also, I have a box of junk that is going to be mailed to you for points redeemable at my choosing.