Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! What a wonderful day we had today! First, we spent Christmas morning at Steve & Shannon’s house. We didn’t have any presents to open, but our kids got to play with their toys! Santa also left a lot of candy for us. Mike and I packed up and then we headed to my dad’s house. My dad did great with the gifts this year. Maysen got two Far Side books. When Stockton opened his present, I heard him gasp, “YES!” He received two squzzles. I’m not really sure what they are, but his PC teacher told me he loved them. Jorja was given the Arctic Fox webkinz. She named him Avalanche. She was very excited. Preston got a Little Einstein’s rocket. He played with that for a long time. Mike and I also got a cool Salt Lake temple picture and some flashlights. My dad received the pleasure of our company.
Stockton, Preston, Jorja
Grandpa, Jorja & Avalanche
Every year growing up, Santa would give us our own carton of eggnog. Today, my dad gave me my own carton. I was very excited. I told him thank-you. Then Mike said, “Thank you for my wife’s five pounds”. I thought that was very funny.

After my dad’s house, we went to Mike’s dad’s house. We had a yummy brunch there with the rest of Mike’s family. Scoop and Cori gave out presents to everyone. My favorite was a little tile that said: Find joy in the journey. Their main present was they want to take everyone to a dude ranch, I think. They were explaining about all the cool stuff there is to do, but all I could think about was ‘How is Mike going to survive? This will be torture for him.’ Mike is very, very, very, very allergic to horses and hay. If he even looks at a picture of hay his eyes swell up. I don’t know what we are going to do. It would be fun to go on a trip with the entire family, and our kids would have a great time, but I don’t know how Mike will be able to pull this off. Sherry told him to start allergy shots, I guess we’ll look into that . . . I just don’t see how there will be a miracle solution to something he’s dealt with his entire life. Well, we have at least six months to figure that one out.
Maysen & Jorja

Preston

Maysen & MikePreston

We are now in Idaho Falls. I am at my Grandma & Grandpa Parry’s house. Mike dropped me off then he headed up to the cabin. There is only about 6 inches of snow up there I hear. Not enough for the snowmobiles to drive on. I don’t envy Mike getting the kids and gear up the mountain!

I had fun in IF. I went to John & Renee’s and got to see my cousins that I rarely get to be around. I can’t wait to move back so I can see these people I love more often! Now I’ve stayed up way too late talking to Grandma & Grandpa. I’m headed off to bed. Hope my kids are asleep and that Preston is doing well. Mike said Preston hasn’t even noticed I’m gone.

No comments: