Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Leaving the Cabin

I woke up this morning and realized that we forgot to read our scriptures yesterday! No 100% club for us. We were doing really good. We had made it about 25 days, and that is really hard when you are on vacation! Oh well, we will start our 100% club again today.

We left the cabin today. I had so much fun this trip. I love being around my family, especially at the cabin. The cabin is one of the last pieces I have left of my childhood. It is also nice to be able to share something I loved so much as a child with my own children. It’s a perfect place to be together with my family because it is just us. We can be ourselves and enjoy each other without dealing with the outside world. Who knows what it will be like next year. Hopefully Mike & Christen can come, but John & Cassie will have moved away and Brett & Rachel will be living in Japan. Hopefully we will be able to see each other often. I don’t like being so spread out from my family – I know I started it, but I’m coming home soon!
Jorja & Marie

Jorja

We left the cabin (spotless, my sister-in-laws are amazing!) and made it to Grandma & Grandpa’s house. From there Brett & Rachel left for Boise to see Rachel’s family and Matt, John & Cassie left back to Utah. I hope the roads were okay. They are suppose to be worse today, but at least we won’t be driving at night!

I love being at Grandma & Grandpa’s house. We were able to just have time to sit and talk with them. Grandpa is such a tease. I love watching my grandparents interact with each other. We stayed up talking until we couldn’t keep our eyes open very well. Except for one person. One very small person. PRESTON! He slept the entire way from the cabin and was wide awake! His sleeping pattern is so messed up. While we were tiredly talking, Preston was running around like crazy yelling “Speed boost!” as he jumped off the two stairs on the outside of the room. We pulled him into our bed to sleep, but it took quite awhile. I can’t get frustrated with him when he’s so dang cute! (Too bad he knows that secret and uses it to his advantage.)

No comments: