Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Jorja's Class

Every Tuesday I get to volunteer in Jorja's class. I'm in charge of giving the students a timed math test. I have loved doing this, and Jorja loves it when I am there. Most days I am substituting, but I have been able to sneak in during my free time (specials or lunch) to give the test. Jorja is doing so well. She has passed every test. Only Jorja and one other boy have been able to do that. Jorja's teacher came and showed me that Jorja has improved her reading by one grade level since the beginning of the year. Mrs. Latham said, "I just need to brag on Jorja for a bit." Well, I just need to brag on Jorja today. She is such a smart little thing. Sometimes it is easy to overlook her because I have Maysen and Stockton who are brilliant. It is nice to see Jorja shining just as brightly.

No comments: