Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my 36th birthday! And for my birthday, I got old. I broke myself. Well, I’m not sure what I did but I know how I did it. I think I bruised my tailbone. It hurts like the dickens! Stockton and my brothers made this awesome jump on the sled hill. I had been too chicken to go off it because the hill is really icy right now. The sledding’s great, but I was nervous about the jump. So, I copied my brothers and went inside where I put a pillow in my snowpants. I then was excited about the jump. I decided to take it sitting down because I had a pillow in my pants. The jump was great but the pillow didn’t help the landing. I am hurting so bad right now. I didn’t even get an awesome picture out of it. I got an okay one, but not cool pictures like the guys did. Stockton got hurt too. He took the jump and landed on his back. But his picture is great! And he’s not hurting anymore, so that is good.
Stephanie ~ bad idea



This morning my dad made birthday scones! Yummy! Then we had church at the cabin. My dad received permission from his bishop to have church up here. Maysen, Stockton and my dad all gave talks. My grandma let me take up some of her Children’s Friends that they could look at. They are from the 50's and 60's.

My dad
Most of the day was spent outside. Everyone had fun! Fun! Fun!
Jorja, Preston, Stockton, Maysen
Preston
Stockton
Stephanie & Preston ~ pre-jump
The best way to get up a hill!
Preston, Mike, Stockton, Maysen, Jorja

Preston
Jorja

Cassie & Maysen
Stockton ~ the time he got hurt


Stephanie & Stockton ~ pre Steph crash, post Stocky crash
John
John again

Maysen & Preston
Brett



Mike



Bubs made a yummy dinner tonight. I made a jello with it. (Ouch! I just sneezed and it hurt SO bad!) I put candles in my jello for my birthday cake. That was before I realized that my wonderful sister-in-laws had made an Asphalt Pie. (Mint chocolate chip icecream in a pie shell.) I think Ange spearheaded that effort. Thanks!
Jorja, Preston, Stephanie, Stockton
Birthday jello ~ Birthday pie was a TON better!
I’m going to bed early tonight. Hopefully I’ll feel better in the morning. By the way, if anyone calls our house and get Jasmine the psychic, we don’t know why that is happening. We use Vontage for our phone. When we left, Mike took our Internet router down so we could use it on our trip. Apparently now when you call our number you get Jasmine. Hopefully we will get our same number back when we get home. Weird.

No comments: