Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Girls

Today Jorja had her class Christmas party. She has been so excited about this. She kept telling Preston, "You can come to my class on December 16th". Jorja has an amazing teacher. She is so calm, and the children will do anything for her. She talks in such a quiet voice as she is giving directions. I love watching her teach.

The students were divided into three groups. Jorja first got to make a Christmas ornament. The second station was musical chairs. While Jorja was playing musical chairs, Preston would walk around the one chair that was by me. When the music would stop, he would jump on it. It was so funny. It kept him entertained - and I think he felt so big. Jorja's last station was decorating cookies. Who wouldn't love that? Pretty fun day for my Porge.
Mrs. Latham & Jorja
Preston FINALLY is in her class!
Stephanie & Preston
Jorja listening to her Mommy
Preston & Jorja ~ she is beautiful!
Maysen had her Young Women in Excellence program tonight. Everyone was suppose to put together belief boxes. Maysen's value was faith. She had everything white (faith's color). She had to choose a scripture and write a few sentences about it. This is what she wrote:

"And lo, he cometh unto his own, that salvation might come unto the children of men even through faith on his name . . . For salvation cometh to none such except it be through repentance ad faith on the Lord Jesus Christ." - Mosiah 3: 9 & 12

I have faith in Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.
I know Jesus suffered for us so we could live again.
I have faith that I will see my grandmothers and other loved ones again.

Maysen did a really good job on her presentation. She also was able to share her knowledge value project - Preston's road. Preston was cute and started playing with the road as she finished talking. So cute.
Maysen was also excited to give Jorja her Christmas present. I bet I know what cup Jorja's going to want to drink out of tomorrow. (Look closely and you can see a frog climbing on Jorja's cup) I love Maysen's pottery!
Jorja, Maysen & Frog cup

No comments: