Friday, December 18, 2009

Carrot Cookies

I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep. So, I decided to make carrot cookies. My mom would always make these cookies every Christmas. I have wished many times that I had the recipe. When I was visiting the Leatherwood's in March, Kathy mentioned how she had made carrot cookies. My eyes about popped out of my head. I said, "You know how to make carrot cookies!" She said, "Of course, I have your mom's recipe". That made for one very, very happy Stephanie.

I made these for the first time a couple of weeks ago. My boys loved them. Stockton liked them better without the frosting. When Mike tried one he said, "Oh, I remember these". He has very few memories of my mom, it made me so happy that this taste brought another memory to the surface. Anyway, I'm so happy I can make these again!
On another note, last night when I went to kiss the boys goodnight, this is what I found. I couldn't believe it. I had Mike take a picture. I have no idea why Stockton has his head in his pillow case . . . my guess is Preston was being loud. I did fix his head after the picture was taken. He loves his new Paper Mario jammies by the way.
Last but not least, congratulations to my brother Mike! He passed his boards for dental school!!! He just has his clinical boards left, and then he is Mr. Dentist Man. How exciting! The only thing more exciting would be if we were able to see them this Christmas. From the look of the news, they are about to be dumped on with snow. Enjoy your white Christmas! Miss you and your girls!

1 comment:

FitzSimmons Times said...

I remember those cookies too! Makes my mouth water!