Saturday, December 5, 2009

100% Club

I have been feeling sick the last two days. I guess it's my turn. I did go to a leadership meeting for about three hours today. We were able to listen to members of the Relief Society, Young Women & Primary General Presidency. It was really good, but pretty long.

I think my favorite quote was: Childhood is a once in a lifetime opportunity. And I liked: The Holy Ghost will not be with a grumpy person.

When the Young Women General President was talking, she mentioned how they have made new personal progress books. There are a few changes. One is the mothers can receive their medallions along with their girls. I wonder if it is the same medallion or a special 'mother' medallion. I have already received mine, but I would love to earn one along with Maysen. She also talked about how she had been encouraging many of the priesthood leaders to complete the program. When they finished virtue, she would give them a virtue tie. I thought this was great. I wondered if they had ties at Deseret Book that had all the different values on them. Mike thought that wasn't a good idea and said he didn't need a virtue tie. Party pooper.

Anyway, she also wants the youth to be in the 100% club, and since "a great leader will not ask anyone to do something they are unwilling to do themselves", she challenged us to be in the 100% club as well. To be in the club, you need to do three things:
  • pray every morning and every night
  • read in the Book of Mormon for 5 minutes every day
  • smile every day

Well, that's about it. I think I'll start the 100% club tomorrow.

No comments: