Sunday, November 29, 2009

Stockton's Primary Talk

I am thankful for my family, and I love them very much. In Galatians 5:13 it says "by love serve one another". I show my mom that I love her by helping with the dishes without complaining. There are many ways we can serve our family.

A good example of service is something our family experienced last Christmas. We were at our great-grandparents house and decided to go to their cabin. Usually the drive is about one hour, but the main road was closed because of the snow. When we were thinking what to do, my Uncle Terry came to the door. He offered to help us take another route to the cabin. Terry led us on a 3 hour drive to the cabin. It was nice of him to do that for us, especially since he drove all the way back to his house as soon as he made sure we were in the cabin safely. He took six hours out of his day to help us. I am very thankful that he had the patience to do that. Mosiah 2:17 says "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." I learned that I am loved by my family in Idaho. I will strive to do good deeds so others can feel God’s love.

I want to be a good example for my family; especially for my baby brother Preston because he copies everything I do. I want him to grow up and make correct choices and to be a good person. I am thankful that I have such a great family. I know this church is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: