Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pie Heaven

Happy Thanksgiving! We had a great day today. We did nothing! (except cook and eat) Everyone was happy, healthy and it was just so nice to be together.
Jorja, Stephanie, Maysen
Stephanie & MaysenThanksgiving dinner ~ the kids hate it, except the Porge.
This Thanksgiving we decided to have pie heaven. We invited the Caro's over for pie. We had seven pies and Amy brought a dessert. I tried to talk Mike out of having me make a lemon pie because we had too many, but he insisted he wanted one. He still hasn't taken a slice, but I have reminded him that he will have a piece of that pie tonight! Hopefully we don't burst. I also hope the 10 pounds I have spent the last four months working off don't come back in one weekend!
Pie Heaven

Wish we could have seen all our family this Thanksgiving, but Christmas is coming around the corner. Hopefully we will see most of you then! (Mike & Christen . . . the drive isn't too bad . . . you should give it a try . . . what's 30 hours in a car with two toddlers?) We are so very thankful for our family, our friends, our health, our faith, our home and many other blessings. I hope I am always so richly blessed! I love my life!

1 comment:

Ron Millburn said...

We had Pie Heaven, too. Cathy made Pumpkin Pie, Gayle brought a lemon pie and a sour cream apple pie; then John and Cassie brought pies from Kneeders: Pecan, Apple, and Coconut Cream. Plus Cassie brought Buckeyes (Reeses with a Peanut Butter circle showing on top.) John, Cassie, Matt, Spencer, Eric, and Brittany played Uno. I took Grandma home and when I came back it was Aggrivation (the game).I went to "Toys R Us" at midnight. Never again. The line wound around the front of the store, down the side of the store, and behind the store in a ghetto alley. I was two hours in the cold, freezing weather before I got in the store (nothing for my ears and hands, and I couldn't feel my feet.) In ten minutes I had what I came for, then waited in a line to check out for another two and a half hours. I got home at 4:30 a.m. I had some lemon pie, then went to bed for a couple of hours. But now I can't sleep. That is all.