Monday, November 16, 2009

Letter From Skye

It is crazy getting the kids home from school on Mondays. First, I leave at 2:20 to get in line to pick up Jorja. I'm able to pick her up around 2:50. I drop her off at home, then leave to get Maysen from middle school. I try to get in line around 3:00, but usually I can't make it until 3:05. (If I get in line at 3:00, I can make it home by 3:45 . . . if I get in line at 3:05 I can't make it home until 4:00). Anyway, I pick up Maysen and drive straight to Jaxson & Harrison's house. Maysen watches them every Monday and Thursday. After I drop off Maysen, I drive straight back to the elementary school to pick up Stockton from Reading Bowl practice. Kathryn brings Maysen home, so that is nice. (On a side note, I love waiting in line to pick up the kids from school. That is the only time I get to read! Right now I am reading Fablehaven - Book 4. I love it!)

Anyway, when I got home with Stockton, Jorja was so excited. Skye had sent her a letter in the mail. It was so cute! Skye is writing so well. She wrote Jorja and SKYE. The letter said: Dear Jorja, I love you, Jorja. I'm thankful for my home. I love to play with you. I love you when I come visit you. You're my cousin! Love, SKYE

How sweet. She decorated the letter with stickers. I especially like the part about coming to visit us! I had just talked to Mike (M) yesterday about them coming to our house for Thanksgiving or before Christmas. Looks like Skye thinks that is a good idea as well! Hope to see you soon!

The last time we saw Skye was when we went to visit last October. Jorja and Skye were so cute together. Skye followed Jorja around like she hung the moon. Jorja loved being the big one. We need to get those girls back together!

In other news, Mike didn't get the job at BYU Broadcasting. It wasn't really a surprise, so we are not disappointed. We are hoping to move home somehow at the end of the school year. I hope that happens. I don't know how it will happen, but I hope it does. Meanwhile, we love our life, and love our family . . . just wish I could see my brothers and their families more often. Can't wait until Christmas!

1 comment:

Brett - Rachel B said...

Awww! Cousin letter's! So cute!