Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Bracelet

About two months ago, Celia gave Jorja a bracelet. It is heart shaped and pink. Jorja thought it was so cool. She wore it to school today. I checked the kids out to get the H1N1 vaccine. As we were leaving the doctors office, Jorja was picking up giant leaves. When we got home, Jorja burst into tears. Her bracelet was gone. She begged me to drive back to the doctors office. She thought she dropped it in the parking lot when she was picking up leaves. The doctors office is about 20 minutes away and it was raining. I told her no way. She was devastated. When I say devastated, I mean the cry at the top of your lungs like the world is going to end for at least 45 minutes devastated. Oh boy.

Maysen had pottery today, so after I dropped her off, I decided I would drive to the doctors office and maybe I would get lucky and find it. I stopped for gas at the exit, so I decided it would be easier to take the back way. The thing about Georgia is it is SO DARK at night. I rarely notice any stars. Also, you don't get the cool lights on the mountain/in the valley look that is so pretty in Utah. Well . . . I got lost. I didn't even have my GPS with me. I kept driving and driving hoping something would look familiar - at least if I could get back to a main road. After I figured out where I was, I made it to the doctors office. I got out of the car and searched that parking lot up and down. Then I searched the bushes. No luck. I really wanted to be Jorja's hero, but I guess it wasn't in the cards today.

On a different note, we finished the first square for Preston's road. Temple square. I like it.

No comments: